Friday, July 18, 2008

Batman Begins


Batman begins
Originally uploaded by stef_install
Again I watched Batman Begins last night in preparation for The Dark Knight.

I don’t need to tell you all that I adore this film. One of my favorite things about it is that Gotham is so obviously a city on its own; it is styled after Chicago, but is touched and rebuilt in a soundstage in a way that is completely different than any city I have ever seen. Gotham is a character on its own.

The feat of doing this must have been astronomical.

I could go on more about this movie, but I think that my other reviews have sufficiently covered this in detail...and you really want to hear about The Dark Knight.

Alfred Pennyworth: Why bats, Master Wayne?
Bruce Wayne: Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread.

No comments: