Sunday, April 5, 2009

Iron Man

Don’t kill me. Iron Man 2 starts shooting tomorrow and I’m jealous.

I’m actually perusing the work of Jon Favreau, as an actor and a director. Let me tell you, the man is rapidly rising on my list of Hollywood celebrities that I completely respect. Why? He delivers.

There is a reason that Jon Favreau’s fourth directorial project was one of the biggest hits of last summer – Favreau is smart and he know’s what he’s doing. Iron Man is the perfect example of that.

Anyone that has avoided seeing the movie because it’s a “summer movie”, or “it’s gotten too much hype” just needs to get the DVD and experience what I’ve been raving about for almost a year now. While you won’t have the same adrenaline rush that the film provided on the big screen it will still completely and totally entertain you, and I can nearly guarantee you that you will begin to be a tad envious of Jon Favreau too.

Scientist: Sir, the technology doesn't exist. Honestly, it's impossible.
Obadiah Stane: Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a box of scraps!
Scientist Well, I'm sorry. I'm not Tony Stark.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Why would I even want to kill you for watching a good movie? I'm so glad that Tony Stark will be back for more!