Friday, August 21, 2009

The First Wives Club

I just have to say that I am in love with this movie. I don’t think three leading actresses could have had more chemistry than Diane Keaton, Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn. If they were 20 years younger I’d cast them as the next Charlie’s Angels. These women are seriously the reason that I watch this movie.

I also have to say that The First Wives Club is incredibly well written. The leading actresses are incredibly talented, but if they didn’t have great comedic lines to deliver all that this movie would be is great chemistry between the leads.

Hugh Wilson has not directed much after The First Wives Club but one notable film afterwards is Blast From the Past - another film I love. This tells me that if Wilson directs more comedies they quite possibly might be my cup of tea too.

Elise: You think that because I'm a movie star I don't have feelings. Well you're wrong. I'm an actress. I've got all of them!

No comments: