Monday, May 10, 2010

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

I am a fan of all of the Harry Potter books and I am still amazed that for the Order of the Phoenix film they managed to completely cut out so much and yet make a movie that got the point of the book across so well.

Order of the Phoenix is one of the darkest stories in the series as there is arguable no win for our heroes – while by the end of the story the Wizzarding world is accepting that Harry & Dumbledore have told the truth and Voldemort is indeed back, there has been death in the family of heroes and no one has escaped unhurt.

Perhaps the single best addition to the series for me that came with Order of the Phoenix would have to be Luna Lovegood. Luna is an eccentric child who is an outcast at school and ends up becoming part of Dumbledore’s Army and one of Harry’s friends. Luna is a beautifully different character and Evanna Lynch plays her beautifully.


The Harry Potter franchise is undoubtedly one of Warner’s breadwinners and it will be interesting to see what takes its place as it draws to a close.

Harry: This connection between me and Voldemort... what if the reason for it is that I am becoming more like him? I just feel so angry, all the time. What if after everything that I've been through, something's gone wrong inside me? What if I'm becoming bad?
Sirius: I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

No comments: