Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eclipse

It’s been no secret that I disliked the other Twilight films, so you might ask why I decided to Netflix Eclipse. I have a two word answer for you: David Slade. That’s right, somehow the Twilight franchise stumbled upon a director who has genuine style and the ability to create character and tension. I am still in shock that the director of Hard Candy was attracted to this franchise.

That being said, I still didn’t like Eclipse. It’s much better in terms of visuals, and acting but…the lead characters are still weak and aimless – the plot is lacking. Bella’s decisions, and the drama of this supernatural world just seem petty in comparison to the worlds of True Blood, Supernatural, or even Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Unless you’re a Twi-hard, I recommend staying away from this film.



Director: David Slade

No comments: