Thursday, June 18, 2009

Star Trek

I don’t go to bars. I don’t drink. I don’t party. What I do is watch movies. That’s why is blog is already up to over 100 posts this year, and why I saw Star Trek again. Last Friday after seeing a matinee of Drag Me to Hell, going to dinner, Barnes & Noble, Hot Topic and a few other places, my brother and I walked back past the theatre and saw that Trek was starting in ten minutes…since we had used free movie tickets (yes we see enough movies to earn free tickets a lot) on the earlier film we went.

What did amaze me is that the movie had already been out for about 6 weeks, and even though it has been moved to smaller theatres it is still packing the house, and pulling the audience into the film. People still cheer, clap, gasp and laugh at all the appropriate moments. The shine has not worn off Star Trek.

I will also admit that I have already done an extensive google search to see if I can find the DVD release information for the film…it doesn’t have a date yet. You can be sure that I will be buying this one on the day it comes out and watching it that night. But I still might be seeing it a few more times in theatres.

Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: I may throw up on ya.
Kirk: I think these things are pretty safe.
Leonard 'Bones' McCoy: Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence.
Kirk: Well, I hate to break this to you, but Starfleet operates in space.

No comments: