Monday, February 15, 2010

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4.0

I really can’t say too much about Battlestar Galactica 4.0 except WOW.

I know this series has to end but I am almost dreading watching season 4.5 because I am afraid the ending can’t be as great as I want it to be. Though, I think these writers may just be able to pull off a spectacular finish that really brings everything together.

What makes season 4.0 so spectacular is that the Cylons have finally come full circle. There’s a Cylon civil war afoot and the humans have to decide if they can trust the dissenters enough to team up with them. Then there’s the final five Cylon models – only four of which have been revealed and when they come out to their friends and families it sends ripples through the masses.

I honestly mean that I can’t say much. I really don’t want to spoil this series for anyone like me that wanted to see it and hasn’t had a chance yet. I look forward to this series enduring for years to come.

Roslin: What is your guilt about?
Baltar: I have no guilt.
Roslin: What was your guilt about?
Baltar: I gave the access codes to the Cylons. They wiped out most of humanity. Of course I didn't know that's what I was doing at the time. And when I realized what I had done, the magnitude, in that moment I was saved. I was loved, by God. Looking back, I think I was rewarded.
Roslin: Rewarded?
Baltar: Pythia talks about a flood. Wiped out most of humanity. Nobody blames the flood. Flood is a force of Nature. Through Flood mankind is rejuvenated, born again. I was another Flood. You see, I blamed myself. I blamed myself. But God made the man that made that choice. God made us all perfect. And in that thought, all my guilt flies away. Flies away like a bird.

No comments: