Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Book of Eli

I know it’s only February, but The Book of Eli may become one of my favorite films of the year. I love this movie and I encourage all of you to see it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen another film by the Hughes Brothers, but after The Book of Eli I just might be a new fan. I am going to have to watch a few of their films to see how the men that did Menace II Society, Dead Presidents & From Hell ended up in the post-apocalyptic, religious future.

Denzel Washington was never really an actor I considered myself a fan of, and thinking of that now I’m a bit confused as to why I don’t follow him more. Every movie I can think of that he has been a part of I’ve enjoyed – with the exception of Training Day, that’s one movie I detested but it had nothing to do with Washington. Not only is Washington a great actor that make movies that I enjoy watching, but his off-screen persona is almost that of the boy next door; he seems like a down to Earth guy anyone could know.

But enough of my Denzel love.

Go see The Book of Eli. I repeat what I said last time, if you want to see how a movie about God & faith can be relevant on the big screen this is the movie you should see.

Eli: People had more than they needed. We had no idea what was precious and what wasn't. We through away things people kill each other now.

No comments: